AppiumOpen-source Mobile Test Automation Application
www.appium.io | Open Source
What is Appium?
Appium is an extremely popular open-source tool for automating native, mobile web, and hybrid applications on iOS and Android platforms. Appium is “cross-platform”: it allows you to write tests for multiple platforms (iOS, Android, Windows), using the same API. This enables code reuse between iOS, Android, and Windows test suites.
Appium was designed to meet mobile automation needs according to a philosophy outlined by the following four tenets:
- You shouldn’t have to recompile your app or modify it in any way in order to automate it.
- You shouldn’t be locked into a specific language or framework to write and run your tests.
- A mobile automation framework shouldn’t reinvent the wheel when it comes to automation APIs.
- A mobile automation framework should be open source, in spirit and practice as well as in name!
- Cross Platform
- iOS, Andriod
- Large Community
Why use TestPlatform.io?
We make it super easy to install Jenkins locally, virtually, or in the cloud within minutes.
In addition we are doing the following:
- Current Versions. We keep up with the latest Appium code versions and let you know when a new update is available.
- Secure. If serious security patches need to be installed, we will let you know so you can be assured Appium will remain secure.
- Tested. We ensure all Appium versions have been tested on our platform prior to code releases.