www.git-scm.com | Open Source
What is Git?
Git is a free and open source distributed version control system designed to handle everything from small to very large projects with speed and efficiency. Git is easy to learn and has a tiny footprint with lightning fast performance. It outclasses SCM tools like Subversion, CVS, Perforce, and ClearCase with features like cheap local branching, convenient staging areas, and multiple workflows.
- Best in class Branching and Merging
- Frictionless Context Switching. Create a branch to try out an idea, commit a few times, switch back to where you branched from, apply a patch, switch back to where you are experimenting, and merge it in.
- Role-Based Codelines. Have a branch that always contains only what goes to production, another that you merge work into for testing, and several smaller ones for day to day work.
- Feature Based Workflow. Create new branches for each new feature you’re working on so you can seamlessly switch back and forth between them, then delete each branch when that feature gets merged into your main line.
- Disposable Experimentation. Create a branch to experiment in, realize it’s not going to work, and just delete it – abandoning the work—with nobody else ever seeing it (even if you’ve pushed other branches in the meantime).
Why use TestPlatform.io?
We make it super easy to install Git locally, virtually, or in the cloud within minutes. In addition we are doing the following:
- Current Versions. We keep up with the latest Git code versions and let you know when a new update is available.
- Secure. If serious security patches need to be installed, we will let you know so you can be rest assured Git will remain secure.
- Tested. We ensure all Git builds have been tested on our platform prior to code releases.
- Free. Git is free to use.